weblogUpdates.ping Paul R Farmer Wedding Photography http://www.farmerphoto.blogspot.com/ Paul R Farmer Wedding Photography Treasure Island Florida: Do You Really Want a Wedding Videographer?

Thursday, December 08, 2005

Do You Really Want a Wedding Videographer?

So, you want to have your wedding videotaped? I tell you what ― you better think long and hard about it. Talk to your friends about it or to anyone who has had it done. Videotaped weddings are not for everyone! I know, I've videotaped countless weddings, childbirths, parties, and special events. During the course of shooting for the public as a self-employed videographer, I was able to see the before, during, and after effects of the events I serviced.

Do you sense skeptism from me yet? If you did, you correctly targeted my feelings about shooting real-time live footage. Don't get me wrong, sometimes it worked out, but more times than not, I strongly believe that my presence while shooting dampened and detracted from the events I went to. Now, don't blame me for being too intrusive either! I tried my best to produce quality footage in a dignified way, but there was a price to pay.

Not only did my services cost "an arm and a leg," but there was a larger price attached to it than that. People who are videotaped lose their personal privacy. They are on stage ALL THE TIME. Videographers hear just about everything. We see just about everything. We never stop looking at the people we are videotaping. If that is not bad enough, sometimes videographers even prompt you or your friends to perform or communicate.

Then, after it is all said and done, the videographer finally hands over the footage. As a rule, people do not see themselves as they really are. In knowing this, when editing, my main objective was to edit out unmentionable, unattractive footage. Even so, what I thought was admissible, many would shutter in self-condemnation, sad to say. So, be careful what you ask for, you might feel like your video footage is mirroring you back in ways you are not emotionally prepared for.


Debbie Jensen, Graphic Designer and Photographer http://www.debjensendesigns.com


Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=Debbie_Jensen



tags: